Custom Made Stud Framed Sheds and Garages
There are some natural advantages using a shed made from stud frame. But not all are obvious. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Can be easier and quicker to erect. This all depends if the frame come in modules or in what we call stick form.
- Modules are typically pre-made and assembled for you. For example, walls might come in 3m long sections. You simply have to hinge them up and fix them off into the concrete. Sheds that come as stick form means that every individual piece of steel stud has to be put together. This obviously takes longer than in module form.
- Choice of wall cladding. With stud frame wall you can use different steel profiles or install horizontal sheeting (which is trendy at the moment). You can even use different materials.
- Room for services such as plumbing and electrical. Stud frames can come with pre-punched holes to allow for simple installation of plumbing and electrical lines.
- Room for wall insulation. Because the stud frames are 90mm wide, this gives you a 90mm thick cavity to put wall insulation into. This means it makes it easier and quicker if you want to add this.
- You can line the internal walls straight away. Stud frame sheds that use a 600mm centre spacing on the framework give you a ready to use surface for gyprock or plasterboard sheeting.
- Can be vermin proofed easier. The very nature of stud walls means you can vermin proof the shed a lot easier.
Why choose a stud framed shed from Excalibur Steel Buildings
- Extra strong framing – we supply 90mm wide stud framing. This is significantly stronger than the standard 76mm you get elsewhere. It also makes insulating you shed easier and gives a better result.
- Custom made sizes available – including single and double storey sheds
- Custom made designs available – all the different roof shapes
- Choice of wall cladding to choose from
- Site specific engineering provided
- Delivery through all of south east Queensland
- Australian made steel for strength and longevity